Demining Protective Apron
The de-mining Apron is designed as a full fitting suit to provide maximum possible protection against fragmentation. This apron provides a frontal area of protection ensuring coverage of all vital areas.
- The De-Mining Apron can be worn short, medium or long, depending on your activity at the time.
- Velcro and Webbing adjustment on sides, shoulders, and legs ensures an exact fit.
- The outer garment is washable and made of high-quality Nylon Cordura fabric that is specially treated to be flame retardant, water repellent, and abrasion resistant & weighs less than 2.5kg(+/-5%).
- The innermost layers are made with poly-strong mesh fabric and fitted with our integrated Trauma Reduction System – this facilitates airflow around the wearer’s body to ensure maximum comfort and effectively dissipates energy from the Chest in the event of an explosion.
- The De-Mining Apron includes Groin that can be worn when wanted and folded away inside the armor cover when it is not wanted.
- Flexibility and low weight enable the suit to be worn comfortably for long periods of operation without restricting wearer maneuverability.
- The Panels are manufactured with multiple layers of High Tenacity Aramid Fabric with a Protective coverage area of 0.32sqm, to provide Blast Fragment protection that satisfies 17-grain fragments up to 450 m/s.
The outer garment is washable and made of high-quality Nylon fabrics that is specially treated to be flame retardant, water repellent, and abrasion-resistant. The innermost layers are made with poly-strong mesh fabric and fitted with our Integrated Trauma Reduction System- this facilitates airflow around the wearer’s body to ensure maximum comfort and effectively dissipates energy from the chest in the event of an explosion.
Soft Armor Panels
The Panels are manufactured with multiple layers of High Tenacity Aramid Fabric to provide Blast Fragment protection that satisfies 17 grain fragments > 450m/s and beyond.
The area density is 2.4 kg/m2.
Each soft armor is vacuum-sealed inside a PU coated
Nylon fabric cover that is ultrasonically welded to protect the
Aramid Fabric from moisture and UV light degradation.
Area of Cover
The armor inside the Suit provides a total Protection Area of 0.9m2 for the torso and .07m2 for the arms and legs (optional)
One size fits all
De- Mining Helmet and Face Shields
- 5-year performance warranty on SAP
- 10 years performance warranty on Hard armor Panels
- 1-year performance warranty on Outer Carrier (Subject to usage conditions)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a demining apron?
A demining apron is a kind of protective garment that is worn during operations to clear landmines and unexploded ordnance in order to reduce threats associated with them. It is intended to act as a barrier against shards, shrapnel, and explosive materials when demining.
Are there different sizes of demining aprons available?
Yes, different sizes of demining aprons are made available to accommodate diverse user requirements. The aprons are produced in a variety of sizes to ensure that they are suitable for people with different body types.
What safety standards do demining aprons adhere to?
Demining aprons adhere to established safety guidelines that include safeguards against explosive dangers. These standards specify performance, material, and design requirements. They make sure that demining aprons offer sufficient cover for people engaged in clearance operations, reducing the danger of exposure to landmines and other explosive devices and improving overall operating safety.
How does a demining apron work?
A demining apron's strategic design and construction are essential to its operation. Specialized materials used in the apron serve as a barrier protection against flying debris and explosive substances. The impact of possible hazards is effectively absorbed and dispersed by this design, lowering the risk of damage to people involved in demining operations.
Where can demining aprons be purchased?
You can purchase demining aprons from Hard Shell, a reputable supplier of protective gear. We offer a range of demining aprons made to meet all safety requirements. Hard Shell's solutions provide people involved in demining operations with efficient protection, improving all-around safety during clearance operations.
What materials are demining aprons made from?
The materials used to make demining aprons typically consist of ballistic fabric layers such as Nylon Cordura and impact-resistant inserts for protection. These components work together to create a sturdy barrier that successfully protects workers from possible risks encountered during demining activities.
What is the purpose of a demining apron?
A demining apron is used to effectively safeguard personnel involved in clearance activities from the threats posed by unexploded ordnance and landmines. The apron serves as a barrier that lessens the effects of explosive dangers during demining operations thanks to its strategic design and specialized materials.
How does a demining apron protect against explosive hazards?
The design and components of a demining apron provide protection against explosive hazards. Incorporated protective inserts and specialised layers of ballistic fabric effectively absorb and diffuse the impact of explosive materials. This design reduces the possibility of injuries, enhancing safety.
Who uses demining aprons?
Personnel involved in demining operations wear demining aprons. These experts include trained people who work to remove landmines and explosive ordnance.
How do demining aprons differ from other protective gear?
Demining aprons, in contrast to traditional protective gear, feature layers of ballistic fabric and protective inserts that specifically handle the risks posed by explosive hazards. This unique setup guarantees efficient protection during demining operations, enhancing personnel safety.