The de-mining Apron is designed as a full fitting suit to provide maximum possible protection against fragmentation. This apron provides frontal area of protection ensuring coverage of all vital areas.
Certification & Testing
- All our products are tested both in the field & in International Laboratories around the World.
- All Body armour manufactured by Hard Shell is tested strictly to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Through rigorous field & Laboratory testing we certify that our products offer protection as per standards set by the National Institute of Justice of America.
Testing methods followed by Hard Shell
- Self satisfactory Independent testing in the field
- Tested in accordance to NIJ Standards
- Consumer testing
- The De-Mining Apron can be worn short, medium or long, depending on your activity at the time.
- Velcro and Webbing adjustment on sides, shoulders and legs ensures exact fit.
- The outer garment is washable and made of high quality Nylon Cordura fabric that is specially treated to be flame retardant, water repellent, and abrasion resistant & weighs less than 2.5kg(+/-5%).
- The inner most layers is made with poly-strong mesh fabric and fitted with our integrated Trauma Reduction System – this facilitates airflow around the wearer’s body to ensure maximum comfort and effectively dissipates energy from the Chest in the event of an explosion.
- The De-Mining Apron includes Groin that can be worn when wanted, and folded away inside the armour cover when it is not wanted.
- Flexibility and low weight enables the suit to be worn comfortably for long periods of operation without restricting wearer maneuverability.
- The Panels are manufactured with multiple layers of High Tenacity Aramid Fabric with a Protective coverage area of 0.32sqm, to provide Blast Fragment protection that satisfies 17 grain fragments upto 450 m/s.
The outer garment is washable and made of high quality Nylon fabrics that is specially treated to be flame retardant, water repellent, and abrasion resistant. The inner most layers is made with poly-strong mesh fabric and fitted with our Integrated Trauma Reduction System- this facilitates airflow around the wearers body to ensure maximum comfort and effectively dissipates energy from the chest in the event of an explosion.
Soft armour Panels
The Panels are manufactured with multiple layers of High Tenacity Aramid Fabric to provide Blast Fragment protection that satisfies 17 grain fragments > 450m/s and beyond.
The area density is 2.4 kg/m2 .
Each soft armour is vacuum-sealed inside a PU coated
Nylon fabric cover that is ultrasonically welded to protect the
Aramid Fabric from moisture and UV light degradation.
Area of Cover
The armour inside the Suit provides a total Protection Area of 0.9m2 for the torso and .07m2 for the arms and legs (optional)
- (or as per costumer requirement)
One size fits all
Level III/IV armour Plates
De- Mining Helmet and Face Shields
- 5 year performance warranty on SAP
- 10 years performance warranty on Hard armour Panels
- 1 year performance warranty on Outer Carrier (Subject to usage conditions)