MICH stands for Modular Integrated Communications Helmet (MICH). It is a next generation protective combat helmet made from non-toxic advanced aramid materials like Kevlar. Earlier helmets were heavier and then a need was felt to make lighter, more comfortable, closer-fitting helmets. These Kevlar helmet enable easy mounting of many accessories like night vision devices on front side such as the AN/PVS-14 or AN/PVS-15. The MICH helmets being lighter in weight prevent unnecessary straining on neck and head, even after mounting of the accessories. Provision of easy mounting of accessories by passed the need of and drilling of holes through Kevlar to affix night vision mounting brackets. The helmet features higher cut at the back and sides and with no front peak.
Certification & Testing
- All our products are tested both in the field & in International Laboratories around the world.
- All body armour manufactured by Hard Shell is tested strictly to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Through rigorous field & Laboratory testing we certify that our products offer protection as per standards set by the National Institute of Justice of America.
Testing methods followed by Hard Shell
- Self satisfactory Independent testing in the field
- Complies with NIJ level IIIA requirement
- Consumer testing
- High ballistic performance
- High-tenacity ballistic aramid fiber.
- Unique processing method and perfect fit suspension system.
- 4 point chin strap harness, with an integrated nape pad.
- Crown Mesh with cross straps, with cotton chin cup.
– Mechanical Rigidity
– Impact Protection
– Heat Insulation
- Resistant to
– All weather temperature conditions
– Water & Moisture
- Compatible with add on devices like NVD, CBRN & Communication Devices etc
NIJ Level – IIIA 9mm bullets
- Olive Drab
- Desert Tan
- U.N blue
- Fragmentation Face Shield
- Ballistic Face Shield
- Helmet Cover
- Helmet Bag
- Picatinny Rail
- Picatinny Adaptor
- XX Large (can be customized as per requirement)
1.25 Kg – 1.45 Kg ± 5% for different sizes.