The Hard Armour Panels is used in conjunction with (ICW) Level IIIA soft armour panel for enhanced protection. This hard armour insert plate is engineered with proven technology providing comfort and protection against LEVEL III+, 5.56 x 45 mm, 7.62 x 39 mm AP BZ
Certification & Testing
- All our products are tested both in the field & in International laboratories around the World.
- All Body Armour manufactured by Hard Shell is tested strictly to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Through rigorous field & Laboratory testing we certify that our products offer protection as per standards set by the National Institute of Justice of America.
Testing methods followed by Hard Shell
- Self satisfactory Independent testing in the field
- ICW III plate achieves Level III protection as per NIJ Standard, when used in Conjunction with NIJ Level IIIA soft armour.
- Consumer testing
- Composite hard armour plate made of ceramic tile backed with Aramid Kevlar material.
- Containment of spall, debris and residues after ballistic impact
- Designed to withstand 7.62 x 39mm API bullets projectiles and 5.45 x 45 mm projectiles (in conjunction with NIJ Level IIIA base panel ) fired from AK47 & Insas Rifles.
- Multi curved/Single curved to fit to body contour
- Weather resistant designed for the harshest conditions
- Fluid resistant when exposed to diesel fuel, oil and salt water
- High altitude pressure resistance
- Fungus and Microbial growth resistance
- Covered with black Nylon Fabric
NIJ Level III+
7.62 x 39 mm AP BZ, 5.56 x 45 mm
- Areal Density : 32.5 kg/sq meter
- Protection Area: 300mm x 250mm x 20mm
- Material : Ceramic tile backed with Aramid fabric
2.2 Kg ±5%
- 10 years performance warranty on hard armour panel.
(Subject to usage conditions)