Hard armour plate is a light weight HAP, used in conjunction with (ICW) Level III A soft armour for enhanced protection. This hard armour insert plate is engineered with proven technology providing comfort and Protection against LEVEL III, 7.62 x 51 mm (NATO ball round)
Certification & Testing
- All our products are tested both in the field & in International laboratories around the World.
- All Body Armour manufactured by Hard Shell is tested strictly to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Through rigorous field & laboratory testing we certify that our products offer protection as per standards set by the National Institute of Justice of America.
Testing methods followed by Hard Shell
- Self satisfactory Independent testing in the field
- ICW III plate achieves Level III protection as per NIJ Standard, when used in Conjunction with NIJ Level III A soft armour.
- Consumer testing
- Flat, single – curved and multi-curved configurations.
- Multi-hit capabilities.
- Containment of spall, debris and residues after ballistic impact
- Designed to withstand 7.62 NATO FMJ + 7.62×39 AK47 (Mild Steel Core) Projectiles (in conjunction with NIJ Level IIIA base panel)
- Weather resistant designed for the harshest conditions
- Fluid resistant when exposed to diesel fuel, oil and salt water
- High altitude pressure resistance
- Fungus and Microbial growth resistance
- Cover with hardwearing PU Coated fabric.
NIJ Level III
7.62 x 51mm (NATO Ball Round)
- Areal Density : 19.37 kg/ square meter
- Protection Area: 250mm x 300mm x 20mm
- Material : High performance polyethylene
1.5 Kg ±5%
- 10 years performance warranty on hard armour panel
(Subject to usage conditions)