The Hard armour plate is to be worn as a combination plate in Conjunction with a Level III or IIIA soft armour for enhanced protection. This hard armour insert plate is designed using proven technology giving the wearer excellent comfort and protection against Level III, 7.62 x 51 mm (NATO ball round)
Certification & Testing
- All our products are tested both in the field & in International laboratories around the World.
- All Body Armour manufactured by Hard Shell is tested strictly to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Through rigorous field & Laboratory testing we certify that our products offer protection as per standards set by the National Institute of Justice of America.
Testing methods followed by Hard Shell
- Self satisfactory Independent testing in the field
- ICW III plate achieves Level III protection as per NIJ Standard, when used in Conjunction with NIJ Level IIIA soft armour.
- Consumer testing
- Hard armour plate made of Ceramic tile and Composite material backing
- Containment of spall, debris and residues after ballistic impact
- Designed to withstand Level III bullets (in conjunction with NIJ Level IIIA soft armour Panel )
- Multi curved/Single curved to fit to body contour
- Weather resistant designed for the harshest conditions
- Fluid resistant when exposed to diesel fuel, oil and salt water
- High altitude pressure resistance
- Fungus and Microbial growth resistance
- Cover with hardwearing PU Coated black fabric.
NIJ Level III
7.62 x 51mm (NATO Ball Round)
- Areal Density : 43.1 kg / square meter
- Protection Area: 250mm x 300mm x 20mm
- Material : Ceramic based Hybrid Composite
2.9 Kg ±5%
- 10 years performance warranty on hard armour panel
(Subject to usage conditions)